Comfort Keepers Mission
Our mission is to provide our clients with the highest level of quality of life that is achievable. We shall treat each of our clients with the respect and dignity they deserve, as though we were caring for a member of our own family.
The special people who deliver our unique brand of in-home senior care (We call them Comfort Keepers®.) are carefully selected, screened, and trained to provide professional, compassionate care.
About Comfort Keepers
In January of 2001, Louie J. Frucci, RN, CSA (Certified Senior Advisor) started Comfort Keepers in a small downstairs office on Main Street in Kaysville. At that time Comfort Keepers employed about six caregivers and no office staff. Nearly eleven years later finds Comfort Keepers in a 4,000 square foot office building in Central Ogden purchased by the company four years ago. Comfort Keepers now employs over 70 caregivers and seven office staff, including a Red Cross Certified Trainer.
Over the years, Comfort Keepers has established itself as the premier provider of in-home, non-medical and personal care services for seniors in Davis, Weber and Box Elder counties. Their mission is to help seniors remain in the privacy and comfort of their own homes. This concept has come to be known as “Aging In Place” – or growing older without having to leave your home. Assistance with everyday homemaking chores, such as light housekeeping, meal preparation, shopping, errands and companionship can help seniors live independently at home.
Comfort Keepers also provides personal care services, such as assist with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting and transferring. For client and family peace of mind, Comfort Keepers is licensed by the State of Utah as a personal care agency, and carries extensive liability, bonding and worker’s compensation insurance.
Interactive Caregiving™ is based on four primary pillars, which Comfort Keepers leverage to care for, engage, and interact with our clients:
- An active senior mind promotes independence, better mental and physical health, happiness, and a longer life.
- A physically active senior maintains strength and independence, lessening or delaying the effects of aging.
- A well-nourished senior is more energetic, both physically and mentally.
- A safe senior lives in an environment that reduces the likelihood of accidents and promotes timely response when illness or accidents occur.
With our Interactive Caregiving approach, we are able to raise seniors’ quality of life to a much higher level than typical in-home care providers.
What Sets Comfort Keepers Apart?
- Comfort Keepers is a Northern Utah based agency that has been serving seniors for over 13 years. We were the first licensed personal care agency in Northern Utah, and we are the only personal care agency in Utah owned and operated by a registered nurse and physician assistant.
- Our staff is available 24/7. We do not use an answering service! In addition, our office staff is cross trained as caregivers to cover last minute client needs.
- Comfort Keepers uses a system called TeleTrack. Every caregiver “checks-in” at their assignment by calling a toll-free number (from the client’s home). They also call the number upon leaving. We know where our caregivers are and when they arrive and leave.
- We do not require contracts or service agreements. Services can be put on hold or canceled with a 24-hour VERBAL notice.
- Comfort Keepers has partnered with Seniorcare Advisors to offer our clients a complimentary Care Planning consultation. This professionally guided discussion (valued at $150.00) allows families to create a cohesive care plan that outlines the steps to take in caring for a loved one.
- Our staff of 70-75 caregivers gives us the opportunity to meet your needs almost immediately.
- All caregivers have access to an on-line training system called SilverChair™. With over 250 classes to choose from, including Dementia Care & several Alzheimer’s courses, our caregivers can learn additional skills at their convenience.
- We carry extensive liability, worker’s compensation, bonding and non-owned auto insurance on all caregivers.
- All caregivers are employees of our company (W-2). We do not sub-contract (1099)!
- Comfort Keepers offers an online portal that allows the client or family members’ access to the schedule and the plan of care. This enables loved ones the ability to be involved in the care process from wherever they may be.
- After many successful years in business, Comfort Keepers is giving back to the community. Last year the Jim & Alda Frucci Senior Assistance Foundation (Frucci Foundation) was created. This is a 501 (c) (3) public charity (per the IRS) with the sole purpose of assisting low-income and underserved seniors.
Home Care Licensing
License Number: HHA - 46282